Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2013

34 Week Bumpdate


How far along: 34 weeks (2/21/2013)

Produce Aisle: Approximately the size of a large cantaloupe (19 - 22 in, 5.5 lbs)


Maternity Clothes: I really thought I would make it through my pregnancy with all my maternity clothes fitting. In my mind, my 7 month size was as big as I would get. Ha! What was I thinking??? I picked up a 2nd pair of jeans (shown above) that are a little roomier than the pair of skinny jeans I had originally purchased. While the original pair still fits, I can't keep the material up and over my belly. In addition, I got 2 tanks from Gap that I wished I had purchased long before now! They are smoothing and hide any bumps (other than the main bump)!


Stretch Marks: We're still in the same place. Nothing more and nothing worse, but they're still there!

Belly Button In or Out: Completely flat!

Best Moment of the Week: Finishing the bedding for Dayton's crib was a huge accomplishment! There aren't plans for him sleeping in the crib immediately, but just having that done gave me the confidence that we could get all of the things on my to-do list accomplished before he arrives!

Movement: There is a foot permanently planted under my right rib cage. He's definitely head down. I really think he's poking at my bladder on purpose!

Food Cravings: I had a hankering for a big juicy burger. It was the oddest thing. I don't EVER crave a burger and could get buy with 1 or 2 a year and be just fine. Josh fulfilled my wish and we headed to Bill Gray's (a local burger joint by the lake). Not only did I polish off my cheeseburger, but ate part of Josh's hot dog and then we had custard. I haven't been that hungry since the early days of pregnancy!

Gender: Little boy clothes, toys and linens are starting to pile up around here! I'm loving every single minute of it. While we plan to use cloth diapers eventually, we'll be using disposable until Dayton fits into a standard cloth diaper. The Honest Company has the CUTEST patterns for their diapers. I love their eco-friendliness and also love that they arrive right at our door! Check out these great patterns.







What I miss: Breathing! I swear in the last 2 weeks I have so little room to breathe! I know it's all part of the package, but I still feel like I'm short of breath. He's taking up so much space these days. 

What I'm looking forward to: We just can't wait to meet our little peanut!!!! He's going to be here before we know it. Until then, I'll be scurrying around trying to make sure EVERYTHING is perfect!

Symptoms: Swollen feet and fingers. I've been wearing my wedding rings around my neck for a couple weeks now, but I'm officially in a new sector of swelling. I can't ever get my rings on and my feet are like sausages by the end of the day. I keep being told to put my feet up, but I can't for the life of me understand how a full-time working mom-to-be has any time to prop her feet up...except when she escapes to write a blog post every once in awhile. I'm trying to make it a priority, but I just really haven't had time.

Emotions: I'm just as emotional as usual. In addition, I've been a little on the cranky side and quick to snap at someone. I'm sure it's really becoming and have to watch myself at the office!

Prayer (we are praying a whole hosts of things, including scripture, over this pregnancy and our Peanut every day -I thought I would share one each week from our list): "We pray that you govern every aspect of Dayton's delivery -giving wisdom to the staff in charge of our care and to the the decisions we make along the way."

Stephanie

1 comments:

  1. Love a prego in stripes. Breathing - I had to present something at work when I was In my 3rd trimester and was gasping for air and turned to a coworker for help. So, I know what you mean.

    Congrats on your peanut!

    ReplyDelete